Tesco Car Insurance
There are usually some good Tesco car insurance offers, but always compare them to others. GoCompare provides excellent facilities for comparing car insurance quotes.
The Tesco car insurance application process is straightforward, taking about ten minutes. You'll need important details to hand, including: vehicle registration, estimated annual mileage, and details of claims and convictions. You shouldn't need any hand-holding from counter staff. Also, you don't have to commit to anything immediately. You are given a quote and have time to decide
Tesco Car Insurance is often offered at discount if you buy online. Check for the offers that come with Tesco car insurance to see if they are what you are looking for. Some examples:
- Comprehensive cover against theft, fire, accidents, and injury is part of the Tesco car insurance offer.
- Tesco car insurance may come with deals from auto suppliers like Nationwide Autocentres. Look for MOT and servicing discounts.
- Look for specialized insurance, like van insurance.
- Most claims against Tesco car insurance are agreed with a short phone call, and there may be no claims discount rewards.
- Look for accident recovery supplements. For instance, access to accident recovery helplines, windscreen repairers, windscreen replacement, temporary replacement cars.
Advantages of Tesco car insurance
Tesco car insurance has the reputation for being one of the cheapest for beginner drivers. Tesco are generally very good at providing hire cars, and arranging repairs efficiently.
Tesco car insurance: tips
Below are some tips and suggestions for keeping the cost of Tesco car insurance down.
- Ask yourself if you really need to own a car!
... if you do:
- Drive an eco-friendly car with the smallest engine and highest MPG you can find.
- Limit the number of miles driven, and give your provider an estimate of your annual mileage.
- Check if fitting a new alarm will reduce your premium. Make sure to fit the alarm before taking out the policy.
- Always check the online deals, some companies offer great discounts online.
- Choose to pay a higher excess fee.
- Check if you would get a discount by completing Pass Plus training.
- If you don't have an immobiliser, check if you can get a lower car quote if you fit one.
- Check companies that might offer special discounts for your social group. For instance, Endsleigh have good offers for students.
- Restrict the number of drivers named on your policy, especially those under twenty-five years old.
- If you have been named on another policy for a few years you may get a reduction if you take out your own. Make sure to check this with your prospective companies.
- Protect your 'no claims' bonus as soon as possible.
- Don't modify your car.
- If you have a very cheap car third-party, fire and theft cover might be sufficient.
- Use a locked garage for overnight parking.
- Check to see if your firm has negotiated cheap car insurance.
- If you are offered a renewal by post, check to see if renewing online will be less than renewing by post.
- Don't be bullied into using the company's repair shop if you already have a trusted mechanic.
Check for Tesco car insurance quotes from a variety of vendors. There are several sites at which you can compare Tesco with other car companies. These include Prudent Minds and Motor Quote Direct. Access several of these, they will often turn up some good offers.
Tesco Car Insurance: news
A retrospective look at Tesco car insurance deals and information, from latest to earliest.
28/6/2009 - 22/7/2009 Buy Tesco Car Insurance and get a free Karcher pressure washer.
21/8/2008 - 17/9/08, Tesco Clubcard holders get a 15% discount on Tesco car insurance, and free £40. The discount on Tesco car insurance only applies to new customers. (21/8/08).
July, 2005 Direct Excellence J. suggest Tesco car insurance could save you 30%. Direct Excellence specialise in comparing customer experience and price over many sectors. Newspapers use them to produce snippets. For example: “…recent research by direct excellence, an independent researcher, for Tesco Car Insurance suggests that almost three in four female motorists could save money by choosing a mainstream insurer over a woman-only specialist. It found that shopping round the mainstream insurers as well as the specialists could mean the average woman driver saving £85 or more.” The Sunday Times, Oct. 2005.