Tesco UK Virtual Mall
The Tesco UK virtual mall has taken Tesco from the high street and into cyber space.
By creating the Tesco UK virtual mall, Tesco plc has established new channels to market through the Internet. Tesco has a huge high street presence in the UK, and lately, across the globe as well. It has millions of members registered with the Tesco Clubcard. Many loyal Tesco customers have experienced the company through its stores; moving this confidence online is, and will be, far easier than launching a new company online.
To analyse the performance of the Tesco UK virtual mall you can examine the digital marketing cycle:
- Visitors are attracted to Tesco UK virtual mall through in-store promotions.
- They are no longer just frequent visitors to high-street Tesco. Shopping online on the internet, they become engaged by useful content and become used to using internet and home shopping services at Tesco.
- Frequent emails are sent out to retain customers.
- Data is gathered when the customers sign up online, allowing the company to learn from its customers.
- The product or marketing effort is customized to the consumer.
While analysing the performance of the digital marketing cycle, a SWOT analysis of Tesco can be performed.
IVIS Group pioneered the use of XML in designing and developing Tesco.com, helping it to become the world's largest on-line grocery store. It has handled an all-time record volume of E-Commerce transactions, and powered Tesco's entry into the US market. A Microsoft award recognised it as the best Microsoft E-Commerce application in Western Europe.