- Main ingredient: Store cupboard, Vegetable, Fish and Shellfish, Cheese and Dairy, Fruit, Pork, Lamb, Pasta and Rice, Beef, Poultry and Game.
- Course: Accompaniment, Drinks, Soup, Salads, Desserts, Baking, Main, Breakfast, Starters and Nibbles.
- Cooking time: 30 mins*, 60 mins, 2 hours, 2 hours plus.
- Preparation time: 15 mins, 40 mins, 40 mins plus.
- Season: Christmas, Easter
- Ethical: Diabetic (low sugar), Fair Trade, Nut free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
- Health related: Gluten free, Low fat, Milk free
- Customer recipes, Fair trade,
- Age related: Children
*"30 mins" is short for "up to 30 minutes".
Waitrose recipes - overview
You can also find Waitrose recipes from the Waitrose Recipes home page1. There are over 5000 double-tested recipes, from easy-to-prepare snacks to elaborate meals. Alternatively, you can browse through online cook books.
Waitrose cook books
Waitrose recipes are arranged into cookbooks, under different categories. The main categories are:
- Quick & Easy - snacks and meals in 30 to 40 minutes.
- Convenience - using tinned and partly prepared foods.
- Free from ... nuts, milk, and gluten (wheat, barley, rye and oats.)
- Diabetic - low sugar recipes for diabetics.
- Cooking for 1 or 2
- BBQ's and Picnics
- Healthy Eating
- Themed menus - including Christmas & seasonal recipes.
The Waitrose Recipes home page gives you access to:
- Recipes submitted by customers.
- Tips and technique articles.
- Food hygiene information.
- 'How to...' videos.
- An A to Z of food and equipment
- Weight conversion chart, metric to imperial.
1. Waitrose Recipes, 20 Nov 2010, the Waitrose Recipes home page (www.waitrose.com/food/cookingandrecipes/).