MapQuest USA MapsMapQuest USA offers great street maps and driving directions, but check out other sites as well.
Before using MapQuest USA, remember that the USA is part of the continent of North America. Besides the USA, North America contains Canada, the United States, Mexico, Greenland, Bermuda and the French islands of St-Pierre et Miquelon. Of these, you can drive from the USA to Canada and Mexico.
MapQuest USA - For Free
A free MapQuest form allows you to access a street map for any address in the US. Note, it does not provide driving directions. But explore the site and you'll soon find the form enabling you to obtain them.
You should not use MapQuest USA for planning plane journeys. Several other sites, like Expedia, offer those kind of facilities. But MapQuest USA is useful for planning the car based parts of such journeys
There is no well defined website called MapQuest North America. It is recommended that you use mapquest.com for exploring MapQuest USA and MapQuest Mexico. MapQuest Canada is best for Canada. For journeys involving the USA and Canada, either website will suffice.
To find an address using MapQuest USA, simply enter a building number, street name, and zip code.
You should supplement MapQuest USA with other map, and map related, sites. Some of the better ones are:
- Maps of Mexico - presents more than 100 detailed maps of Mexico, and more than 40 interactive city maps. It has thousands of pages with thousands of still and panoramic pictures. It also provides weather forecasts.
- TravelPod - if you're going On the Road across the USA then you can become a high-tech Jack Kerouac with the web's original travel blog. Not only can you share your stories and photos, but you can chat with like minded dharma bums.
- MSN Maps & Directions - might provide better alternatives for your particular needs. Very good at providing maps for your Web site, and business facilities like store locations. Microsoft Streets & Trips with GPS Locator offers advanced GPS features and voice prompted directions.
- Expedia.com - not just for flight and vacation booking. You get international driving directions and maps as well. Offers quickest and shortest route options. Given its nature, it should offer "most scenic" as well. Maybe in the future.
- TravelBag - great site offering bargain long haul flights to and from Europe. Has user-friendly maps and driving directions pages for planning a road trip through Europe and the UK.
- EveryClick - an internet search engine that donates 50 per cent of its gross income to charitable causes. Has a travel section which subdivides into many other sections, including travel guides and car hire.
- TripAdvisor- a specialist travel site with good maps.
- Anquet a specilaist map site with good travel details.
In summary: don't just look for maps at MapQuest USA, try other sites.