A listing of meta-search engines with an outline of their main features.
- Clusty: Clustering Search Engine - Derived from the Vivisimo meta-search engine, aimed at everyday users.
- Copernic: Desktop-Meta-Search Engine - desktop meta-search with powerful advanced search facilities.
- CurryGuide: New Generation Meta-Search - useful local and speciality searches, and saving of results for faster searching at a later date.
- Dogpile Mega-Meta-Search Engine A Meta-Search Engine famous for fetching good results from all the biggest search engines - Google, Yahoo, Ask, and others. It's consistency has led to it being used to power Wordtracker's keyword database, which attempts to model the searches people make on all the big search engines.
- Excite - uses the same technology as other InfoSpace meta- search engines, but maintains own features.
- Gimeni - queries undisclosed search engines, removes duplicates has advanced search with specific country search.
- Hotbot - not really a meta-search engine, now simply a portal for other search engines. Of historical interest.
- IceRocket - features thumbnail displays with neat quick view display. Queries Yahoo, WiseNut, Teoma, MSN, AltaVista and AllTheWeb.
- Inference Find. Fast, therefore timeouts are rare. Searches: Yahoo, Lycos, Alta Vista, Info Seek, WebCrawler, and Excite.
- Info.com - results from Google, Yahoo, Ask Jeeves a Question, Kanoodle, LookSmart, About, Overture and Open Directory. Has news, eBay, audio, shopping, and video search.
- InfoGrid - compact links to major, news and category search sites.
- Infonetware - topical classification of results, with drill down capabilities.
- Ixquick awards a site a star for each search engine placement in the top ten.
- iZito- click on a listing to place it into your to do list
- Jux2 - specialises in juxtaposition of search results, to great effect.
- Kartoo - see search results visually, this meta-search engine shows results connected by keywords.
- Mamma - one of the first meta-search engines.
- Meceoo - has exclusion list, so you can (say) exclude all .com sites.
- ne of InfoSpace's meta-search engines. Dates from 1995.
Metaeureka - searches: Google, Yahoo, AllTheWeb, Alta Vista, Northern Lights, and about fifty others.
- search engines with "invisible" resources.
- Search.com - searches Google, Ask.com, LookSmart and dozens of other leading search engines
- SurfWax - makes use of educational, US Govt tools, and news sources
- Vivisimo - gets results from major search engines and organizes them into categories.