If you are looking for satellite views or ordnance survey maps then Streetmap UK is not for you. It lives up to its name, and no more, by providing only great street maps.
If all you want is a map of a street and its area, Streetmap UK is a good first choice. I tried typing my postcode into the 'find a map' box of the competing products and preferred the results from Streetmap. Some observations:
- Streetmap UK produced a mile square map, with every street named in easily readable print. Many street names were heavily abbreviated, which could not be avoided at this scale. If you are walking from A to B, mentally noting street names to check you are on track, then this kind of map is just what you need.
- If you zoom in one level, to give the most detailed map Streetmap offers, then you see the full street names.
- Google Maps initially brings you a map that is also about a mile square, but it doesn't show all the street names. Zoom in one level and you still don't get all the street names!
- Multimap also brings you a 1 mile square map lacking many street names.
- MapQuest starts you off with an inappropriate low-scale map, and after zooming several times, you also end up with a one-square-mile map with street names missing.
In summary, if you want to quickly obtain a one mile square street map, with all the (abbreviated) street names included, then Streetmap UK is the way to go.
For anything else, you should look closely at the offerings of other companies. Streetmap lacks many features found in Google Maps, Multimap, or MapQuest.
If you want to know more about what the company offers, then try streetmap.biz.